If you are an individual who receives benefit payments from the Employment Development Department and has been issued a Bank of America EDD debit card, you can activate the card and access your funds conveniently and securely. The EDD card activation process is easy to follow, and once activated, you can log in to your account to manage your funds, view transaction history, and more.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of activating your EDD card and logging in to your Bank of America EDD account.
There are two methods for activating the EDD card:
1. In the first Method, Activate the Bank of America EDD Card by Phone
Use the following numbers to activate the Bank of America unemployment card over the phone:
For all other users, dial 1-866-692-9374.
For those looking for disability benefits, including those who are deaf, speech-impaired, or hearing-impaired, call 1-866-656-5913.
Only domestic calls to the two numbers listed above will be accepted. If you're outside of the USA, you can dial this number 1-423-262-1650.
2. In the second Method, Activate the Bank of America EDD Card Online
To activate your digital debit card and begin receiving benefits or payments, a more straightforward method is online. Follow the step-by-step guide given below:
Follow the instructions displayed on the screen, including entering your card's expiration date, which will be three years from the date of issue.
Bank of America EDD Card
Bank of America's digital Visa prepaid debit card allows accessible funds transfer to your bank account. Its primary purpose is to assist individuals in receiving their unemployment, paid family leave, and disability benefits. The card provides convenient access to funds anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. To use the EDD Debit Card for the first time, file a claim and wait for approval from EDD. Bank of America will mail the card within one to seven business days.
Bank of America EDD Card is a prepaid Visa debit card issued by the EDD for the quick and secure distribution of benefit payments. Here are the benefits:
Upon receiving your EDD debit card, it is essential that you thoroughly review all accompanying materials to ensure proper activation and usage of the card. We highly recommend activating your card promptly to avoid any delays or complications.
Please read through all information carefully to ensure a smooth and seamless experience with your card.
To transfer funds from your EDD card to a bank account, you can request Bank of America to conduct a direct deposit transfer. Once the card is activated, you can begin using the funds, including transferring them to your preferred checking or savings account.
The first step in making this happen is to set up a direct deposit transfer. You will require the following:
Note that the Employment Development Department will never contact you to request personal bank information. You must initiate any direct deposit transfer requests through Bank of America.
When using a magnetic stripe card, there are different steps to follow depending on whether you want to purchase with a PIN or signature or if you want to withdraw cash or check your balance at an ATM. If you have a chip-enabled card, the process is slightly different.
1. To make a purchase with a PIN using your magnetic stripe card, swipe your card and select "debit." Enter your PIN and choose the amount of cash you want to withdraw, if applicable. Once the transaction is complete, take your card, money, and receipt.
2. To withdraw cash or check your balance at an ATM using your magnetic stripe card:
3. If you want to make a purchase with a signature using your magnetic stripe card, present or swipe your card and select "credit." Sign the receipt and take your card and receipt.
4. For chip-enabled cards, insert your card into the terminal and follow the prompts to complete the transaction.
5. To get cash from a Visa bank or credit union, request a "Visa Manual Cash Disbursement" and present your card. Tell the teller how much you want to withdraw and take your card, cash, and receipt.
6. If you want to transfer your benefits to your checking or savings account, you can do so by performing a direct deposit transfer online or by calling customer service.
Bank of America EDD Debit Card offers 24/7 customer service through automated account information and dedicated representatives by phone at 1.866.692.9374 or online at www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard.
The automated account information options include the following:
The customer service representatives can help with these options and resolve account statement questions, process history requests, assist with direct deposit funds transfer(s), investigate transactions, process lost/stolen/damaged card reports, and request emergency cash transfers.
Through this article, we have shared straightforward ways to activate your Bank of America Edd Card; you can use either the online or phone activation Method. Once activated, you can use it right away for cash withdrawals. Another option is to set up a direct deposit transfer from your EDD debit card to another bank account. If you find this article helpful, please share it with your friends
Will be posted soon!